Re: Globe 'WLKB'

At 01:59 AM 6/24/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Has this group ever discussed the WWYZ/WPKX phenomenon, why Hartford and
>Springfield seem to go for country in much bigger numbers than
>Boston/Providence? I sort of understand the "cosmopolitan" nature of the
>Boston listener, but why has Providence resisted? And why has country
>never made an impact in Worcester?

Isn't the Providence/Fall River area fairly ethnic...Portuguese I think?
Country seems to be a small-medium market Anglo format.

As for Worcester, there are only 3 "real" signals in the market (WSRS, WXLO
and WAAF),  all of which have been successful with other formats and have
felt no need to experiment.  I would imagine that both Boston and
Springfield stations have pretty good signals there, too so anyone looking
for country has a listenable source.