Re: Globe 'WLKB'

>         I'd turn the question around. I think Conn. and western
> Masachusetts are more the norm, nationally, while the Boston / Worcester
> area and its appendix, Rhode Island, are abnormal in the low level of

  It is interesting.......In Boston there were several attempts in the
60's and 70's for country to take hold (WHIL-FM, WCOP-AM) but a
combination of bad signals, limited promotion budget, etc doomed the
format from the start. WCOP-FM (what was it WTTK?) had some sucess with
progrssive country, but by and large the public never took to it.

         What is curious is that in the early 1970's, WSMW-TV 27 in
Worcester highest rated programs were country (Porter Wagoner, Judy Lynn
and Hee Haw)..... go figure.