Re: Fwd: ethnic radio

At 03:47 AM 6/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
>On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, BUMP MARTIN wrote:
>
>> While WUNR never shows up in the rating book....rarely does WBPS...  But
>> WNNW has been showing up in the Boston ARB's....
>
>WNNW???

The AM 1110 in Salem NH. It's supposed to be directionalized to the north to
protect another Spanish-language station, WPMZ E Providence. But my
listening makes me suspect that they've (illegally) ditched the directional,
which would make sense because their target audience lives in Lawrence and
Lowell--"behind" the pattern. WNNW eats WADN alive during the day once you
get a short way past Burlington Mall on Middlesex Turnpike and it does the
same on 128 as you head east past Woburn. I can also get WNNW quite clearly
on my car radio here in Arlington Heights, whereas I didn't used to. I note
that WNNW seems to have post-sunset authority. They sign off at what I
assume to be Charlotte sunset. They just cut the program in the middle of
whatever they're playing and don't bother with an ID. I don't know when, if
ever, they cut the carrier.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205