Re: Firm withdraws it's bid for Monitor Radio

> > Anyone know what happens to the Monitor's shortwave service now?
>
> According to Radio Nederland, it is going to become a religion-only
service
> when the production of Monitor Radio news programming ends.

Remember, they sold one of their stations (in Scotts Corner Maine, WCSN)
, during the last "budget crunch"....Maybe they will sell the other two
off as well.

The whole Christian Science Monitor Media extravaganza (Monitor Radio,
Monitor Channel, CSM Magazine...)  is an example of what happens when
people have no real business/commercial savy....

They put these things in operation for some 'ministerial' reasons....and
never realized the tremendous costs...and little return on them.

The cost of putting a shortwave station on the air is mega-expensive
(and they put 3 on the air...)...I don't know where they ever thought
the money was gonna come from...

If SW b'asting could cover their costs....wouldn't more people be doing
it...?

Same with "The Monitor Channel"...mega expensive to operate...and where
was the operational capital to come from....

And purchasing Channel 68?   ...same thing!

The gravy train at CSM for the electronic media lasted a while....but it
appears to be over now!