WKVT

At 12:38 06/12/1997 -0400, Scott D Fybush wrote:

>*In VERMONT, the doors keep revolving at WKVT-FM (92.7 Brattleboro),
>where program director and morning host Ian Taylor sent a letter to
>the editor of the Brattleboro Reformer last weekend saying he'd
>resigned from the station after four years.  Taylor says he has no
>immediate plans, and WKVT-FM has been using satellite programming to
>fill morning drive for now.

WKVT-FM is NOT using satellite programming in morning drive (as of last
Thursday, anyway, and maybe even longer than that). Scott Walker is behind
the mike from 6-9AM, with local news twice an hour from Ginny Yeager (sp.?).
The program currently lacks much of the character of its predecessor, but
these things take time. My guess is that Mr. Walker was brought in from
WKNE, as I have heard him slip a couple of times with the ID "WKNE/WVAY",
then quickly correcting himself. There is certainly room for improvement,
but at least it's LOCAL! I don't think WTSA's John Clarke has anything to
worry about right away, though.

I would have posted this sooner, but I have been out of town the last few days.

>The FCC this week approved the transfer of the WKVT/WKVT-FM licenses
>from Rowena Broadcasting to LB New Hampshire, the owner of WKNE AM-FM
>in Keene NH.

I heard this announced on the air late last week, spoken so quickly you
could hardly understand what was being said.

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.