WADN

I was surprised WADN's folk format lasted as long as it did. To my ears,
it was severely lacking in variety -- more like listening to Pleasants'
personal record collection, heavy on sensitive singer/songwriters and
politically correct humor.

Compare WADN to mid-70s WCAS, which played everything from sea chanteys
to British folk-rock to country to bluegrass to Rampal and Bolling's
Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano. Granted, this all-over-the-place format
was an even greater financial disaster than WADN (I recall going to
Central Square and dropping $5 in their jar!), but I'd dare say more
people remember and mourn the old CAS now than will be doing the same
for ADN even five years from now.

Howard