Re: AM radio is NOT dead!!

> To all of the members of this radio mailing list, I have some news for
you: AM
> radio is NOT dead.

There aremember are only THREE stations left on AM that get *any*
significant audience at all!

> When I read the several postings which I got in my mailbox, I was
horrified as
> to how people have given up on AM radio. If AM radio were dead, I
don't think
> ARS would have spent $5 million to pick up wasteland station WNFT.

To paraphrase a Boston Radio executive....."Because they're stupid?"

ARS Has shown a lot of their money around town....But unless I missed
one...they haven't turned any station around...or had any sizable
succeses....all they do is buy them....and run them in a mediocre
fashion.....