Re: Things you can do on AM

> At 10:43 PM 6/7/97 +0000, somebody wrote:
> >
> The reason ARS is screwing around with the WRKO format is because they are
> trying for the younger demos. They are trying for the younger demos because
> a large group of idiots in ad agencies and at national accounts have gotten
> it into their heads that people over 54 are not susceptible to messages in
> advertisements. What utter BS!

We've been living with this problem for many years.  Even though we're
sixth or seventh in the market 12+, and even though people over 50 have
lots of money burning holes in their pockets, those agencies still want to
target younger demos, so they bypass us in favor of stations with lower
ratings.

It's maddening.

Rob Landry
umar@wcrb.com