Re: Top o' the hour

On 2 June 1997 at 10:57 pm, you wrote:

>On the other side of the ledger, the smart-aleck liners for WRKO and WEEI
>(and for ESPN Radio's "Fabulous Sports Babe" show) are dog-gone funny, and
>the talent for those deserves kudos.

The main guy for all of those spots is Jim Cutler. Jim started off as the
voice of WHDH, doing the same stuff for Eddie Andleman's evening drive show
(remember that one?) which used to crack me up. He also started doing some
voice stuff for Channel 56 about 10 or so years ago and when ARS bought
WHDH he also did some work for WRKO liners. Nowadays, he is a freelancer no
longer on the ARS staff, although he still does contribute to WEEI's "Big
Show." He also, as you mentioned, works for Watertown native Nanci Donnelan
(aka The Fabulous Sports Babe) and her national show, which just moved to
ABC Radio in New York from ESPN.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
South Boston, Mass. 02127
617/269-4045
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting
ssmyth@tiac.net
seans@magneto.cybersmith.com