Re: Nova Scotia Boston DX

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, KEVIN VAHEY wrote:

>   Well I am sure the powers at Westinghouse that decided that BZ should be
> a directional 1-A didn't lose much sleep over losing Nova Scotia (and most
> of Cape Cod).........in return they have probably the best nightime signal
> of any station on the east coast.....

Given the wide coverage of WBZ, why did they decide to be directional,
anyway?  I would have thought that a single-tower, non-directional signal,
covering the Cape and anyone else, would have been less expensive as well
as a better coverage area.  Anyone know why WBZ is directional?

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/