Re: Nova Scotia Boston DX

Jibguy@aol.com wrote:
  WJIb does not make it all
> the way east to Halifax though.  740, by then, gets occupied by the Marystown
> Nfld 740 station which is a repeater of 590 in St Johns Nfld.

... I had the pleasure of a guided tour of the 740 AM Nfld station you refer to... it's
CHCM, indeed in Marystown, Nfld.  By day, it is a local country station, at 5pm local
they switch to the simulcast of VOCM 590 in St. Johns.  In case you wondered, the call
really IS VOCM.  The "V" in the call has to do with the fact that the station was
licensed prior to Newfoundland being a part of Canada.  Have any of you out there heard
either CHCM or VOCM in Boston?  I have very fond memories of my time up there, even some
coffee cups with the VOCM logo as souveniers with coffee stains!