Re: New station Countdown on 102.1

> I find it difficult to believe that WSTG will simulcast WHOM, as the WHOM
> penetration in the WSTG listening area is close to 100%. Doesn't make
> sense, unless this move is an interim one. WHOM just doesn't need the
'STG
> simulcast IMHO.
>
> Paul Hopfgarten
> Derry NH

I also find it hard to believe that FJ would go to such lengths to simply
turn a station into a translator.  Why not do what ARS did to 1150 last
week and quietly switch WAAF's audio from WKLB?  Do they honestly think
local seacoasters in NH/MA will be  *more* excited about a repeater station
if there is a countdown?  Perhaps they are banking on few actually noticing
that point.  BTW, catch any of the funny liners in *the voice*.  Here are
some of my faves:  "Romeo, oh Romeo, where art thou....." "Knit ONe, pearl
two...."  "I love what you do to me."  "Don't hate me because I'm
beautiful..."  Funny how they were mixed to come up at about every fifth
time check/countdown.  You may still catch it until 4pm Tues if it runs
that long.

Bill