Re: New station Countdown on 102.1

Rick Levy wrote:

> >>There is a station on 102.1 with a computer voice "countdown" until the
> new station appears on Tuesday. Signal is lousy in Eastern Mass, I
> though[t] it was skip for awhile. Anyone know who this is?<<
>
> Hampton, N.H. has an allocation for this channel, and the signal comes from
> that direction.  The signal is surprisingly strong for a Class A station at
> that distance (about 40 miles from the Hub).
>
> Someone with a great sense of humor has programmed the computer --
> interspersed with the countdown timer are hilarious one-liners.  The
> countdown indicates zero hour at 1604 (4 pm) EDT Tuesday; knowing how
> accurate computer clocks are, this could mean 1600... or something else.

Although nobody with Fuller-Jeffrey will say so in public, it appears
that the station will simulcast WHOM-FM.
Yes, WHOM already has a strong signal in this area, but Fuller-Jeffrey
has done this before (WOKQ-WPKQ).
Anyway, account reps at the other stations are taking notice...expecting
it will mean more of a local push by Fuller-Jeffrey's staff.
Thank goodness I don't do sales...one more thing to worry about. :)

Dan Cole
WTSN / WBYY
Dover, NH