Re: CJRN 710 Fort Eire

At 03:15 PM 5/31/97 +0000, you wrote:
>  I just curious, to you have anything in your records on this station?  I
>have been told by friends in Buffalo that it is the directional to end all
>directionals.....
>
>CJRN 710  Ft Eire-Niagara Falls Ont

It has a pattern that looks a bit like a fleur-de-lis--very narrow, with a
strong center lobe and two lobes of about 1/3 the intensity surrounding the
main lobe and clustered close to it. The main lobe points to the northeast,
I think at Toronto. I think I read somewhere that the array is twelve
towers, which I can certainly believe; WOR is not that far away and would
require a _lot_ of protection--even though WOR has a broad null to the
northwest. The other twelve-tower array I know of is the night array of what
is now KOOO 1190 in Dallas (once KLIF). The Dallas station is 50 kW-D/5 kW-N
DA-2 from dual sites. The day array is four towers. KOOO's night site is
east of Dallas and sends a very strong to the west over Dallas and toward Ft
Worth.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205