RE: WOTW-FM

Wow does your post bring back memories.  I was the morning guy at WOTW in 1973.  Sign on was 6am (I used to leave
Lowell at 5:40 and be on the air with seconds to spare).  At the time Tony Brousseau did news and Jeff Kerouac did afternoons.
Big Moe (Maury Parent) did the French show and Pat Bronsitein (CEO) did some weird talk show from 9 - 10am on WOTW, WDNH and WCNL. The ID during the show was ":This is the Eastminster Broadcasting System".  At the time we were doing oldies on AM as "The Golden Nine Hundred".  FM was country with folks like Mike Huckabee (he was blind, but could cue a record faster than anybody with sight!), Flo Murdock, Bull Goose and on Saturday mornings Pat Bronstein would do a show calling himself "The Janitor".
I got stuck with Saturday nights on the FM and since I hated country (still do) I refused to use my real name (Gary Francis)
so I stole an alias from a demo jingle package that had a jock sing "B. Mason Dean", so I became "your country cuzzin',
B. Mason Dean on Double-yah, O, Tee, Double-yah FM in Nashway, New Hampsha".   I did it for yucks and used to invite
people to the station for scavenger hunt contests.  One of the craziest I ever did was a cold winter Saturday night, I announced
the first person to jump in the shower (just as they were) and show up at the station soaking wet would win a large pizza -
12 people showed up within an hour!

One real funny thing happened one night - since the station didn't pass out keys to anyone working there, we couldn't lock the
door (deadlock inside and out)....so I used to bring my 140-pound Belgian Shepherd to work with me....well Hieni wasn't really
an indoor dog......I was on the air on FM....he was in the AM studio (we were a daytimer, so it was off) which had BRAND NEW
carpeting (trade of course).  Well, let's say he had an accident...a BIG ONE....and it wasn't a liquid accident......dog poop and
light gold carpeting don't go well together......the stains were probably still there when they tore down the building......wasn't
funny at the time - but now.....hahahahahahahahahah!

- -Gary Francis
or B. Mason Dean (for a few months)

www.garysicecream.com