Most significant Historical moments in broadcasting...

Bump Martin says:

>I was trying to 'splain to someone what the most telling moments of
>broadcast history was....both radio and TV....Maybe some could help us
>build a list...????
[good start to list snipped]
>Can anyone add to the list?  In the end, I would like to get a copy of
>each of these broadcasts...So I guess I am trying to stray to the side
>of 'Radio' broadcast moments....

Haven't come up with any radio moments yet, but one very important one that
had an effect upon both radio and TV was the coverage on network TV news of
President Kennedy's assassination in 1963.  Until that time, most TV news
was a 15 minute program with few details and mostly slides.  The
assassination coverage became, as it were, a coming of age of TV news
coverage.  This was especially true in the extent of live coverage, which
culminated in the live broadcast of the funeral on November 25, 1963.

I suppose it also had a profound effect upon radio, as well, if only in
switching people from radio as the broadcast media to choose for breaking
news coverage.

Ed Hennessy