Re: AM 600 Montreal

On Mon, 12 May 1997, KEVIN VAHEY wrote:

>  Posing a question that nobody has ever been able to answer for me. CIQC
> (CFCF) has been on the air since 1919 and might very well be the oldest
> commercial station in North America. Given that, how did they get stuck
> with such an awful nightime signal?

Possibly because they also were simulcast on CFCX shortwave.  But the
nighttime shortwave signal generally didn't reach the Boston area very
well.  It was always easy to hear in the daytime somewhere around 6005
kHz in the 49 meter band.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/