Re: First in FM Rock in Boston......

Was WQBK in Rensselaer (Albany), New York the first rock station
> in the Capital District on FM or was WGFM in Schenectady ?  How 'bout
> you Capital District readers to elaborate if you will.
>
> -Pete-

Having grown up in the Tri-Cities, I'm 99% sure that WGFM was the first FM to
play top 40/rock.  Twas automated.  Positioning statement: Rock music for
Adults only.  WGFM was the FM sister of WGY-AM and WRGB-TV 6.

WQBK was the first album rock. 90% sure!

I could say that WGY was my first job in radio if you count Junior Achievement.
I was 14.  Our group was probably the first to play Led Zeppelin on WGY, as well
as the last.

Hopper