Re: Inquiry: 1st with Rock

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Dan Strassberg wrote:

> WTRY also had the Capital
> District's top personality, Paul Flanagan, who moved to AM drive (he had
> been in PM drive while WTRY was a CBS affiliate) but continued his wildly
> successful Saturday evening show. I forget the name of that program, but he
> had a theme that you may have heard (Everybody's invited to Paul's party).

I remember that sometime around 1956 or so, Paul Flanagan moved to WPTR.
I think he was back in PM drive by then, and I think he did a Top 30
countdown on Saturday afternoon, which I listened to regularly.

I had always wondered what brought about the great shift in network
affiliations in Albany area radio stations.  CBS moved from WTRY to WROW,
ABC moved from WROW to WPTR, and Mutual moved from WPTR to WOKO.  The only
network that stayed put was NBC on WGY.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/