Re: the WLAW mystery continues

Tony wrote:
>of Broadcast-Pro File, in California.  They specialize in historical profiles

Based on the ones I have seen from them, Jan may be a nice guy, but his
stuff is no more accurate than some of the other stuff out there.  For many
years, the problem was there were three basic sources and everybody used
them-- without checking to see if these sources were in fact accurate.  Some
of the information in these sources is in fact accurate, but some of it is
NOT.  The problem has been lazy research, along with publicity masquerading
as research (one of the major sources, Archer's "History of Radio", may have
been funded by RCA...). Many of the earliest resources have been lost, etc
etc.  I doubt that Broadcast Pro-file will be more accurate than Xen Scott,
from whom I got the records he has from the FCC... (and these were often
hand-written on file cards in those years before computers!!!)  Alas, there
is no easy way to do some of this research.  Even legendary reasearchers and
authors like Prof. Mike Kittross have had to revise some of their earlier
work, based on new information...