mystery, drama, suspense-- WLAW!!!

So I now know much more than before.  I know for example that I was right in
my surmise about the Rogers dynasty being ended at the Lawrence
Eagle-Tribune.  In fact, when WLAW did end, the story was buried in a tiny
column in the middle of page 11 (!).

As for the dual-ID. WLAW had long since had a studio and sales office at the
Hotel Bradford in Boston, as well as an xmitter in far away Lawrence...
When Vic Diehm created WVDA, he bought the old WLAW Boston studios and put
the station there.  It went on the air on 17 June 1953, the day after FCC
approval for him to take the license.  Diehm owned 3 in Pennsylvania, plus
WIDE in Biddeford, Maine.

The WNAC deal to buy the 680 frequency had been long and involved.  I found
an interview with the late Linus Travers of the Yankee Network, and he
detailed how many months of planning had gone into it before it got final
approval.    More on this in my next e-mail.  The adventure continues!!!