Re: more about...WEZE rock

There is some reason to believe that, prior to WNAC's acquisition of the 680
frequency, WLAW had already been IDing as WLAW Boston-Lawrence (or WLAW
Lawrence-Boston; the only time I ever heard WLAW was in 1947 and, if memory
serves, they IDed as WLAW Lawrence at that time). The reason I think that
WLAW might have used a dual-city ID at some point in the 50s is that I'm
pretty sure that WLAW maintained studios in Boston. In fact, I think those
studios became the WVDA studios after WLAW died. If remember correctly, the
studios were in a hotel--on Stuart St. I can't recall the name of the hotel,
but the building still stands, and it is still a hotel, albeit with a
different name. The same hotel was, at various times, the site of the
studios of a number of radio stations including WBZ and WBOS (now WUNR). I
think Scott said that even though all of these stations had studios in that
hotel, the studios were in different parts of the building.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205