Re: more about...WEZE rock

At 05:00 AM 5/3/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Meanwhile, since several folks asked, here is a brief history of WEZE/WVDA,
>which at one time began its life out in Lawrence as the late great WLAW...
Well, yes. But by the way this group reckons things (and I think by the way
most radio historians reckon), that's _not_ correct. We would trace what is
now WPZE back to WNAC or a predecessor and we would trace WRKO back to WLAW.
Then we'd insert a footnote in the 680 history suggesting that the reader
see the history of the 1230/1260 frequency in Boston (WNAC/WEZE/WPZE) for a
history of the station prior to its move to 680. And we'd add a footnote to
the 1230/1260 history suggesting that the readers also look at the 680
history for more recent information on the station that originally occupied
1230 and 1260 in Boston.

Radio (especially AM) is so filled with these convoluted situations in which
a station bought the facilities of another and moved the acquiring station's
calls and programming to the acquired station's frequency, that we really
should develop a consistent approach to recording a station's history. Or
maybe I'm the only person who cares.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205