Re: WORL (was 1957 airstaffs)

WORL came back on the air with new owners sometime in late 1950/early 1951
(Pilgrim Broadcasters, I think...)  The station operated until 1966, when it
changed to WRYT.  It was at that point that the call letters went to
somebody else... Ken Carter had hated to lose them, but he evidently felt it
was time for a change-- I know for a true fact that WORL had a pop
incarnation because I remember the d.j.'s who were on the air there.  Only
the old ownership died in 1949, and the station did go dark, throwing many
people out of work.  But contrary to Alice's article,  the station DID go
back on the air after the FCC agreed on new ownership-- of course, if she
liked the old team, then perhaps to her the station was dead, because WORL
did not re-assemble the original airstaff when they came back on the air...