WRYT

 Back in my Emerson days, one of my friends LIVED at the WRYT transmitter
site on the Lynn Marsh Road.(He now is the weatherman at WTNH in New
Haven) There was a full scale house there and it was the setting of some
interesting parties.

On more than one Sunday night, he would crank the xmtr up for "testing"
and would ask people to phone in DX reports. I remember we got calls as
far away as Miami. 5,000 ND over saltwater goes a long way when most
stations were off the air on Monday mornings.

Just curious, does anybody remember when Ken Carter did the Pepsi Dance
Party on WCOP every Saturday night back in the late 50's and early 60's?
If memory serves me, I believe it was done from the Eliot Ballroom in
Porter Square Cambridge.