>        Freq: 720
>        Power: 50000 W
>        Hours: Day; Schedule: Unlimited
>        # of towers: 3
>        Antenna mode: DA2
>
>        Power: 500 W
>        Hours: Night; Schedule: Unlimited
>        # of towers: 4
>        Coordination status: Canada , Mexico , R2
>        Antenna mode: DA2

Since the day power is 50 kW and there are no separate critical hours
facilities, the day pattern probably pushes most signal to the east with a
fairly weak null to the west. If WVNE is licensed for 8.6 kW-CH, this
station will be able to put a stronger signal than 8.6 kW toward Chicago.

I'm surprised that he;s only going for 500W at night--considering the
four-tower array. The station has to protect both WGN and CHTN, so there
will be a severe null to the west--REALLY severe--and a much weaker null to
the northeast. This means that the main lobe would point south-southeast and
there would be a fairly strong minor lobe to the north. Take a look at the
night pattern of the AM 930 in Paterson NJ. My guess is that this pattern
will be similar.

I'm really curious about the arrangment of the towers. The odds favor a
parallelogram with two sides pretty much on an east-west line. I'd think
though, that the day pattern could be done rather easily with just two
towers. but he's proposing to use three towers during the day, so the setup
may be more complicated than I've imagined. In the extreme, only one tower
would be shared between the day and night arrays and there would be five
towers, not four. I guess the complicating factors during the day could be
overlap with CKAC and maybe even WACE.

This would be NH's most powerful AM (during the day anyhow) and would
provide service to a lot of areas that are underserved by AM. But what do
you suppose he plans to program? A religious format seems the most likely to me.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205