RE: FM DX.

On Thu, 17 Apr 1997, PETER GEORGE, N1GGP wrote:
> was in the Floyd Knobs, IN (Louisville area) for a wedding and was looking
> at the WFPL transmitter site right in front of me.  That felt weird.

There is something truly fascinating about discovering the source of a
radio transmission.  I feel a certain drive to find the point of origin
for radio and TV stations I hear.

Is the fascination with the transmitter location a common trait among
radio hobbyists?  How many of us drive around to transmitter sites and
hike up hills to towers while carrying radios and frequency counters?
Do you point out radio towers through the car window to friends and
family only to be met by indifference?

Alexander R Svirsky  N1PRW    _______-~,    University of Massachusetts
asvirsky@student.umass.edu   /_______ {     __________Amherst__________
                                     \,}_)