Re: 1957 airstaffs

Okay, for Dan, here is the WHIL airstaff in March of 1957:  Bob Walsh,
George Fennell, and Jim Aylward are listed, and the station is listed as
being a reporter to Cashbox Magazine (remember them?). I recall Jack
Mcdermott too, but he isn't listed as being there in March of 1957.  Perhaps
he was working elsewhere, or perhaps he used another name?  Jay Dunn (later
of WBZ) was at WKOX in Framingham at that time, Dick Levitan (who I recall
at several Boston stations including WBZ) was at WEIM in Fitchburg, and Jack
Spector (who would have considerable success in New York radio) was working
on air in Pittsfield at WBEC...

Here's a few folks you may also recall-- at WLYN (in Lynn, of course), the
airstaff was Hank Forbes, Jack Chadderton, and Johnny Towne.  And now that
I've started it, I may as well tell you that at WHDH were Bob Clayton (who I
believe is still alive and still doing work as a lawyer on Cape Cod?), Roy
Leonard, Bill Harrington, Don Gillis, Fred B. Cole, John McLellan, and
somebody named Leon Fremault.  WHDH too reported to Cashbox, and Fred B.
Cole handled the reporting.

A couple of other comments-- yes Ed Penney (then of WTAO), who later did
some record promotion and some producing, wrote a few sappy hit songs.  Joe
Smith of course went on to become a record company executive.  Several of
the Boston announcers got caught up in the payola scandal (or were asked to
appear and testify before the committee, whether they were indicted or not--
didn't Dave Maynard make an appearance?  I think they called on Arnie
Ginsberg too.  Neither one of them was convicted of anything, unless my
memory is really failing me...)