Re: You know it's springtime... RE: FM DX.

A popular dx situation I run into occassionally will be a lot of cape
cod stations coming in during some slight tropo ducting.  I partially
reside in Haverhill, MA, which lies on the NH border and 15 miles from the
coast.  I've also had a lot of CT stations bombard in occassionally.

I can recall one evening I could barely hear Kiss 108 due to an inflicting
country station out of New York State (forget where).

Because there are a lot of physics behind the whole tropospheric ducting
process, the trained meteorologist / radio fanatic should be able to notice
weather situations where this phenomenon will occur. Thus, it can be predicted.

- -bill