Re: longevity

At 04:48 AM 4/18/97 +0000, you wrote:

>Actually, Dave Maynard goes back
>before Gary LaPierre-- Maynard joined WBZ in 1958 as one of the "Live Five".
>Gary didn't join WBZ until 1964.  I assume he worked somewhere before that,

And Maynard worked in the Boston market before he joined BZ. He was on the
final incarnation of WORL (950--now WROL) immediately prior to joining BZ
(no gap that I can recall). Before that (and before I came to Boston), he
was on WHIL (1430--now WXKS (AM)). My guess is that Dave has been on the air
continuously in this market since 1953. Now, do you consider him as still
being on the air? He "works" only a few minutes a week. Let's see, if you
say he's still on the air and my 1953 date is correct, that's 41 years. A
long time, but Bob Steele in Hartford has him beaten by a mile.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205