Re: WRPT

At 03:31 PM 4/17/97 +0000, you wrote:
>        Perhaps someone in the right location can listen to hear if WRPT
>turns down the power at sunset. The few times I've heard them post-sunset,
>it sounded suspiciously strong. But, then again, it is (was) a clear
>channel, and that makes a lot of difference.

No. WRPT cuts its power one hour after local sunset here, which sometimes is
and sometimes isn't the FCC-defined time of local sunset in Nashville.
Depending on the month, Nashville sunset occurs between 45 minutes and 1
hour and 15 minutes after Boston sunset. Now. maybe the rule for PSSAs for
daytime stations _within_ the 0.5 mV/m 50% skywave contour of a dominant
Class A station located west of the daytimer is different from that for
stations outside that contour. (My guess the rules _are_ different.) WILD
cuts power at Boston sunset and signs off at a time that _roughly_, but
doesn't always exactly, coincide with Baltimore sunset. The timing of WILD's
signoff and WRPT's power cut relative to sunset at the dominant station are
similar.

(617) 558-4205; Fax (617) 928-4205