Re: FRED CUSICK

I am sorry that kids growing up in Boston can no longer hear some of the
great voices and personalities we grew up with.  I did not like 'middle of
the road' music, being a rock and roller since day one, but I admired jess
Cain's style.  He could be funny without being vulgar.  I loved Bill
Marlowe's voice, although I did get tired of hearing that damned Tommy
Floramo (spelling?) commercial over and over.  And Bob Wilson, Norm Nathan,
Fred Cusick, Curt Gowdy, Ned Martin... we had some strong announcers here...
I had a difficult time choosing my own personal favourite announcer-- it
would be between Bruce Bradley and Arnie Ginsberg... while there are really
no 'good old days', there was (imho) more respect for the announcer as
personality back in the 50s and 60s; you didn't have to resort to pee-pee
humour to get attention...  Also, the sports announcers actually described
the game (Vin Scully comes to mind-- people would go to a game with their
radios to hear him tell about what they were watching; ditto for the late
great Johnny Most...) rather than just providing the audio that could go
along with a TV feed...