Re: FCC Lenient on station ID?

<<On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:28:26 +0000, Dan Strassberg <dan.strassberg@worldnet.att.net> said:

> Are you sure? WKLB is really WKLB-FM because an AM (in KY?) has the WKLB
> calls without a suffix. But is there a AM with the WROR calls? If not, the
> calls _could_ legally be WROR.

What they /could/ be and what they /are/ are two different things....

wollman@khavrinen(190)$ ./fccdb WROR
./fccdb: unknown call: WROR
wollman@khavrinen(191)$ ./fccdb WROR-FM
Framingham, MA: WROR-FM (app. for primary) 105.7 22500 W 224 m [B]
        Greater Washington Radio, Inc.
        (G) Latitude as specified in section V-G is incorrect, coordinates are taken
        (G) from site plot on topo map
Framingham, MA: WROR-FM (primary) 105.7 8500 W 349 m [B]
        Greater Washington Radio, Inc.

- -GAWollman

- --