Re: best announcer

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Donna Halper wrote:

> In your opinion, who is/was the best radio announcer you ever heard?  What
> made him (or her) so good?  Is there anyone around today that impresses you?

Well, I used to like Bruce Bradley at WBZ for reasons that others have
already stated.  I also liked whoever it was who was "Ed Mitchell" on WCOP
and, right after that, Fenway on WMEX.  He had a lot of zany gags, along
with his "sidekick" Bruno, which really made me want to tune in when he
was on.

I don't listen to the teenage rock stations now, and I don't hear much
personality radio these days on the stations that I do listen to.  But of
those I do listen to, I rather like Bob Bittner's friendly style, along
with a baritone voice that reminds me of the announcers of old.  Actually,
I don't think I can remember the names of any other current announcers
anyway.

> Also, let me know if I may quote your reply--

Sure.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/