In response, cont.

The "him" I was referring to earlier was former WHDH midday personality Tom
Kennedy. Kennedy - where is he now? I last remember him doing news at the
old WVBF and 'KLB - and Jess Cain would travel about town in the 'HDH
mobile (I believe that's what they called it) for frequent remote
broadcasts. WBZ often did the same thing with their evening twinbill of
Peter Meade and David Brudnoy. Seeing either station at Downtown Crossing
was not uncommon.

And, looking back on things, WHDH had a nice little broadcast schedule back
in the late 1980s: (I could be a little off on some of the on-air
personalities)

6-10: Jess Cain
10-1: Tom Kennedy
1-4: Steve Matarano
4-7: Eddie Andelman
7-10: Bruce Williams
10-2: Larry Glick

Some pretty good broadcasters in that bunch.

Sean Smyth
Smyth Sports Enterprises
10 Linley Terrace
Boston, Mass. 02127
617/268-7012
Metropolitan Boston's leader in local sports broadcasting