Re: Must-carry rule

I have noted the pathetic things on WHSH, WMFP, W54CN/WGOT, WHRC, WNDS, and
WUNI-mornings, and have never been able to answer this question: "If so many
people hate paid-programming/home shopping and would much prefer a local
station with SOMETHING decent on to watch, then why are there 5
home-shopping networks on broadcast-TV?". Infomercials are the brunt of so
many jokes, and only little-old-ladies and bored housewives from Florida
ever order from them - some very sick men do drool over the "AB Shaper"
commercial, though. Thank goodness Paxson is going to do SOMETHING with
their stations.
  This brings us to the "preaching for profit" religious radio stations - if
nobody likes them, then WHY ARE THEY STILL ON THE AIR? When WJIB FM 96.9
went off the air, almost everyone I knew was upset - they lost the station
they had been listening to since the 1960s. Why did it go off then? How can
companies make money on stations which no one watch or listen to? Will that
CityVision plan ever be carried out up here on WHSH? Oh the endless questions!
  By the way - will WLWC sign on at 5:30 AM or 5:30 PM? I won't be in
Massachusetts then and want to set the VCR (already have taped the test
patterns, "Coming Soon!" screens, and the erroneous 'WJAR-TV 10' station
identification on for 3 minutes)!
                                                                  Keith Barry,
                                                                  Devoted
WJIB listener,
                                                                  Betamax,
8-Track and
                                                                  Apple Lisa
user
                                     http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/
Lakes/2627                                     (no radio page as of yet - I
am really busy!)