Re: Must-carry rule

Taking a broader view of the current must-carry brouhaha, I think the
situation is as good as it can be.  I recently had what I laughably
call a discussion with the General Manager of the local cable system
(prompted by an announcement that they are considering dropping the
remaining Boston channels--WHDH and WSBK--citing specious SyndEx
concerns) and I'm utterly convinced that the must-carry rule is the
only thing standing between cable customers and total dictatorship.
It's the broadcasters' fault if they put out such hideous
programming; we don't *have* to watch it, and at least the cable
industry isn't subsidizing it with our monthly fees.

Take care,

Chris, who will soon be deprived of Boston TV if the cable system
has its way.

Laura Nyro, singer-songwriter, 1947-1997
Al Kaprelian, WNDS meterologist, 19??-1997

Both will be missed.  Al's still alive; the station isn't...