Re: TV Guide and TV50

Here is the article (last paragraph snipped) that appeared on page 24 of the
Brattleboro Reformer (back page) 4/10/97, very appropriately placed direcly
below the obituaries...

>Viewers irked by suprise shopping show
>BRATTLEBORO - Time Warner Cable representatives this week
>said it is not the cable carrier's fault that WNDS, channel 50 from Derry,
>N.H., changed its program to the Global Shopping Network on
>April 6.
> Terry Ray Gould, general manager, said Tuesday, ``We have received over
>400 calls during the past 24 hours from customers who turned on WNDS
>expecting to find the normal programming still listed by TV Guide and
>the Prevue Channel and instead got a rude suprise ... Global Shopping
>Network." Gould said Warner is required to carry WNDS by federal
>law, regardless of customer interest in the programming.
> He said the company had yet to get an explanation from WNDS, which
>gave no advanced notice. He added that the WNDS spokesperson
>acknowledged that no advanced notice had been offered but could not
>comment with further details.
> Time Warner Cable is a division of Time Warner Entertainment ... [etc.]

Quoted text is copyright 1997, Brattleboro Publishing Company.
Copied without owners permission by ...

Doug Bassett
West Brattleboro, Vt.