Channel 5

>Peter George wrote: On another note...... who was up at 3:00 am on March
>19, 1972 >when WCVB-TV hit the air.  Yes, I was up bright and early at
>2:15 am to watch
>the last breaths of WHDH-TV Channel 5 . . .

        I watched all that with a room full of college radio pals in
Amherst. No cable -- just a really bad b&w signal off the apartment-house
roof antenna. We didn't get up to watch it. We stayed up. A couple of
1st-class ticket holders were in the room. They seemed particularly taken
by the awesomeness of the moment. There's just something about the debut of
a test pattern.