Re: New Small TV bill

On Wed, 2 Apr 1997, Arthur barry wrote:

> In the Boston Globe, there was an article about the new bill that was
> just passed in the Supreme Court requiring all small TV stations to be
> included on the local cable systems - WHRC, WGOT, and W54CN were all
> mentioned!

A bill was passed in the Supreme Court?  I must have missed something in
my high school civics class.

A bill was passed in Congress several years ago.  In fact, I think it
was the Cable TV bill that was passed over President Bush's veto.  The
Supreme Court upheld its constitutionality against a challenge brought by
cable companies.

  A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                                          617/367-0468
  15 Court Square                                       lawyer@world.std.com
  Boston, MA 02108-2573                        http://world.std.com/~lawyer/