Candidate access to non-comm

At 12:01 PM 11/5/2002, Dave Faneuf wrote:

>But it is a catch 22.  Without the votes the candidates will obviously
>lose, won't be able to raise the money needed to launch a real campaign
>and buy effective ads and ad time on radio and tv and get their message
>out to the masses and eventually become a major party. (see how I brought
>it back to broadcasting LOL)
>df

During the 2000 elections I remember the issue was raised in the national
media about how non-commercial broadcasters (at least in radio) are
required to give time to candidates for office.

Does anyone have handy a link or reference about the rules for that?  Also
- anyone know of any candidate taking advantage of it?

Aaron "Bishop" Read       aread@speakeasy.net
Fried Bagels Consulting   www.friedbagels.com
AOL-IM: ReadAaron         Brighton, MA 02135