Coverage of Clinton scandal (was Call me "Cache")

In a message dated 9/11/98 11:59:07 AM EST, dlh@donnahalper.com writes:

<< Well, call me bored.  Am I the only one who truly has had enough of this
 story?  Can the media stop beating this dead horse and start covering
 something else, perhaps?  I am sure there is news out there somewhere...
 really. >>

Did you have the same opinion during Watergate?  Iran/Contra?

The legislative process has ground to a halt because of this scandal and it is
the only story in Washington.  Of course, life goes on in the real world...

I flipped between NBC and ABC News last night and I would estimate that they
only spent a third to a half of their news time on this story.  CBS Radio News
this morning and National Public Radio also only spent about a third of their
top of the hour newscasts on this story.  I do not see that as overkill since
the President could very well be on the way to resignation or impeachment.
The coverage the during the last few days has actually been less then the
coverage of the deaths of Sinatra or Diana.  Yes, the story has been hanging
around for nine months, but who do we have to blame for that?

This is getting a little too close to a political discussion, but since I
didn't start it, I felt free to participate.

Dan Billings
Bowdoinham, Maine