What station in New England has the longest continuing call letters and COL on the same frequency that only changed by treaty mandates?

Kevin Vahey kvahey@gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 04:05:38 EST 2023

Scott made a strong case for WSAR in Fall River on Facebook

WEEI and COL go back to 1924 but you have the shift from 590 to 850 in
1994 which blurs things.

The post-WWII years had to be fascinating. with WHDH (850) and WLAW
(680) building out massive transmitter locations in Needham and
Burlington. The WHDH towers in Needham were for a short time the
tallest manmade structures in New England.