WBOQ to Christian, new owner

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Jul 1 11:08:34 EDT 2022

On 7/1/2022 7:59 AM, Rob Landry wrote:

> It's Educational Media Foundation, the same people who own the former
> WAAF. Why they think anyone in New England wants to hear that format
> is beyond me. WAAF and the former WBRU in Providence have zero ratings
> as far as I can see.

They don't care about ratings. These formats bring in lots of donations,
and thus are money-makers. (And aren't there tax deductions if you
donate to religious organizations?) Plus, some owners are sympathetic to
their message and want to promote it.

--
Donna L. Halper, PhD
Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies