Culling a live stream link ?

Rob Landry 011010001@interpring.com
Tue Dec 20 10:31:48 EST 2022

A few months back, I was tasked with building an aircheck machine for a
client that could automatically record four competitors' stations audio
from thair Internet streams. I quickly discovered that it was not easy to
find a URL buried in a Listen Live link on a Web site.

What you need to do is use "Developer Tools" from "More Tools" in the menu
on the far right in Google Chrome. It will show you all the links that are
triggered by the Listen Live button. Look for something ending in ".m3u8".

Instead of the continuous stream typical of a link ending in .mp3, you'll
see a succession of small files ending in .m3u8. They will be parts of
an HLS stream that is typically AAC (.m4a) format.

There are YouTube videos that explain this in greater detail.

Rob