WHDH Sports Talk Show circa 1986

Pjries pjries@gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:38:06 EDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:57 AM Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/2022 7:23 PM, Pjries wrote:
> > It's been awhile since I sent any notes to this list and I don't know if
> > the procedure remains the same.
> >
> > I worked at WHDH radio, in news, from 1984-1987.
> >
> > I recently came across a couple of airchecks I made of some of the
> > programming other than my own newscasts, specifically, random recordings
> of
> > the Sports Talk show with Eddie Andelman.
>
> I don't think there is any one place where all the audio (or video) from
> sports talk lives. It seems to be random at this point-- some clips are
> posted to YouTube, some are posted on the person's own page, etc. But I
> think there would definitely be interest in having an archive of sports
> audio. In fact, I wonder if Eddie has any audio of his late 60s and
> early 70s first iteration of the Sports Huddle.
>

> --
> Donna L. Halper, PhD
> Associate Professor of Communication & Media Studies
> Lesley University, Cambridge MA

Thanks Donna,

I agree. It would be great to have an archive of sports audio, and video,
for that matter.

In looking around, I've seen Eddie quoted as saying there are no archives,
and Phil Sirkin, who I think was the first producer of the Sports Huddle,
also tells me he doesn't know of any. (Phil, who was my editor at WHDH, is
here in Indiana now, about 15 minutes away from me. Small world.)

I don't have a lot of recordings. It was kind of a lark for me at the time
and I wish I had more.

Thanks,
Pam