Format changes, flankers, and the state of the industry today

Doug Drown ashboy1951@gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 09:34:41 EDT 2021

As a non-professional somewhat outside the loop, I keep wondering
how corporations such as Audacy, iHeart, Chancellor, et.al. can continue to
make money in the long term.  As suggested, there are still a lot of people
who listen to terrestrial radio, but they're mostly over 50 (like me).
That, combined with the aforesaid cluelessness about (or even, in some
cases, *interest in) *that demographic, things don't bode well.  Why invest
in a boat with a slow leak that's eventually going to sink it?

-Doug