American Top 40 in the Boston market

aerie.ma@comcast.net aerie.ma@comcast.net
Thu Mar 4 14:31:32 EST 2021

My favorite jingle was "Zing (Sing?) the GIANT...with fifty thousand watts
of living sound....W (snap) BZ'

-----Original Message-----
From: Boston-Radio-Interest
<boston-radio-interest-bounces@lists.BostonRadio.org> On Behalf Of George
Allen
Sent: Thursday, March 4, 2021 12:27 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: American Top 40 in the Boston market

Speaking of WBZ slogans ... and jingles from long ago, how about "Time is of
the essence, get it now, on W [snap] BZ, W [snap ] BZ, W [snap] BZ.
Or something like that, back in the 60's maybe?  Lodged in my head somewhere
all these years.

ADAM WOLF adamnw@aol.com
Wed Mar 3 16:10:49 EST 2021

This was on WBZ's Wikipedia page. Not that I believe everything I read. The
time line looks correct. I think AT40 ended on WBZ late in 1990.

......" ,[57] but listener complaints[58] led the station to return Brudnoy
to the air by the end of September.[59] It was also late in
1985 that American Top 40 moved to WBZ from WROR (98.5 FM, now WBZ-FM),
remaining on WBZ for the rest of its years as a full-service AC station,
around the same time WBZ's most famous slogan, "The Spirit of New England"
(made famous by a 1987 JAM Creative Productions jingle package of the same
name), was introduced."