Small list changes

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Sat Jan 23 18:26:36 EST 2021

Hi, all,

It's been a long time since we've had a lot of discussion on the list,
but I wanted to mention that I've made a couple of changes on the
server that runs the list that will hopefully improve mail
deliverability.  If you find that mail from the list keeps getting
misfiled to "spam", some of those changes may help.

Unfortunately, the list is run on GNU Mailman 2 software, which is
written in the Python 2 programming language.  Python 2 is no longer
supported, and Mailman 2 is not compatible with Python 3.  GNU Mailman
3, which is, is an incompatible, feature-incomplete, ground-up rewrite
of Mailman, so there may be some hiccups in the future as I figure out
how best to keep the list operational for what traffic it does still
see.

-GAWollman