1430 WKOX MA relocated transmitter site?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Mon Feb 8 12:07:26 EST 2021

<<On Sun, 7 Feb 2021 20:28:18 -0800, "Dave Doherty" <dave@skywaves.net> said:

> Canada has deleted many AM stations without officially notifying the
> FCC, and so we must protect these ghost stations. It seems that they
> may be holding these allotments in reserve, perhaps for new stations
> serving First Nations and immigrant communities.

I suspect it has more to do with institutional memory and domestic
cultural policy: they assume that the US will consume whatever
resources they give us, so they err on the side of never giving us
anything unless they get something in return.  We saw this with the TV
repack: they got additional channels set aside as a sweetener to go
along with the whole process.  (And the repack probably wouldn't have
been feasible without Canadian cooperation, given the long strings of
moves involving stations on this side of the border.)

-GAWollman